Nowadays choker necklaces have become that latest trend, though it was a fashion accessory years back, it has come back strong and better now. These bring a different type of style to your fashion. They can be casual, formal, decent, punk rock chick like or anything for that matter. They can be black, blue, red, white, gold, or multi-coloured and it will still suit you. Since these are becoming more and more trendy they are also becoming more and more expensive to buy, so here’s a tutorial for a choker necklace that you can personalize yourself without spending too much.
Things you’ll need:
- Bra strap (preferably one that you don’t use anymore)
- A pendant or any ornament
- Jump ring
- A pin or needle
- Take any colour bra strap that is detachable preferably with the hook on both ends.
- Place the strap around your neck and adjust it accordingly to your comfort.
- Now simply tie a knot on one end of the strap for the hook to hold onto something.
In some cases the hooks will link to each other perfectly so there I not need for a knot.
Do not worry about the knot or hook being visible as your hair will cover most of it up.
- Now your choker is ready.
- For personalized choker necklaces, you can add a pendant or ornament to it.
- Attach the pendant or ornament to a jump ring.
- Measure the centre of the strap.
- Make a small hole with a needle at the centre of the strap.
- Insert the jump ring with the pendant into the tiny hole and close the jump ring with scissors.
- Now that’s how it is going to look.
Do you feel plain chokers are boring? Yes!! Then here is a tutorial for a pretty classy wrap around choker that will no longer make your neck feel empty. So the whole idea of this is wrapping it around the neck few times until it’s secure with two long ends dangling that can be tied up together. So here’s how you make your own with a few embellishments.
Things you’ll need:
- Suede cloth (any colour)
- Sew kit or thread and needle
- Beads and feather ornaments
- Measuring tape
- Measure your neck and take twice that measure for the suede cloth and cut it with scissors.
- Insert the beads at the ends of the suede cloth and tie a knot (make sure the beads have a wide opening).
You can try making many other different types of chokers by adding some bedazzle to it such as gems or diamonds. You can also add some beads to the centre of the suede cloth to accessorize your accessory. Do not limit yourself to one kind of choker.
Thanks for visiting our website. Like us on facebook, pin us on pinterest or twit a few word about us, if you really liked our work.
Keep creating with K4craft.
Image source: Pinterest.com