We all have those used paper plates, glasses, cans, paper bags, old bangles and charms that we haven’t thrown away. So today we are going to use all these materials and recreate wall hangings out of them to give a fresh look to all the used and old materials.
1-Heart shaped wall hanging
- Paper and shopping bags
- Glue and scissors
- Rounder and pencils and pens
- Needle and thread
- Take a white paper and draw a heart shape on it and cut it.
- Now place the heart shape on a shopping bag and cut same shape from it.
- From the remaining shopping bag cut small circles at least 30-40, depending upon the size of the heart cut out.
- Take one circle and pinch it inwards to form a cone like shape and stick the folds with glue.
- Repeat this process with the remaining circles as shown in the video.
- Now take the heart cut out and stitch both the cut outs to make it stiff and start stuffing old clothes inside the heart cut out(refer video)
- Now start sticking the cone shapes onto the heart shape with the help of glue gun.
- Create a loop at the backside if the hearts shape to hang it on the wall.
2- Wall hanging from old bangles
- Old bangles
- Jute ropes and glue
- Take an old bangle and the jute rope and apply glue on the bangle and start wrapping the jute rope around it till the bangle is fully covered
- Repeat this process with three bangles
- Now take three bangles and stick them together and start wrapping the rope around them as done previously.
- Take one single bangle covered in rope and attach it with the three bangle stand, and similarly attach the other two bangles downwards.
- Paste some grass in the three bangle stand to give it the look of the nest.
- Stick some colourful birds in the bangles and in the nest as shown in the video.
- So finally your bird hanging from old bangles is ready. Make a loop to hang the thing on the wall
3-Wall hanging from disposable plates
- Disposable plates
- Scissor, glue and decorative items
- Satin ribbon
- Take a paper plate and cut out a triangle shape on the edges to make a zigzag pattern
Repeat this process with at least 3-4 plates depending upon how long you want the hanging to be.
- Now take the waste cut out pieces from the plate and trim their edges
- Cut out a small circle from the paper and place it into the center of the plate and paint the insides of the plate leaving the center area. Repeat with other plates also
- Now paint the center area with another colour and stick those cut outs in upward direction as shown in the video.
- Now decorate the plate with the decorative materials of your choice and repeat the process with two other plates
- Flip the plates backward and attach a satin ribbon on all the three plates on both the sides, and make a loop and finally your hanging is ready.
4 – Plastic bottle hanging
- Plastic bottles and yarn
- Scissors and glue
- Decorative, silver thread, pearl chain and glitter
- Take a plastic bottle and cut the upper area from it, this will be the main part of the hanging.
- Repeat this process with 3-4 bottles; ensure the edges are finely trimmed, for a proper texture.
- Apply glue on the lid of the bottle and start wrapping the thread around it. You can use different colours of yarn for different bottles.
- Decorate the bottle with the pearl chain and other decorative according to your choice.
- Heat a needle and make a hole in the lid of the bottles.
- Pass a silver thread through the bottom of the bottle and tie a bell to it; you can also use different charms.
- Connect the bottles with each other by passing the thread from it.
- Add some glitter on the lid of the bottle to make it look more attractive.
- So finally this amazing wall hanging is ready.
5- Plastic cups wind chime
- Plastic cups, rolling stick and newspapers
- Paints and brushes
- Glitter and decorative
- Scissor and glue
- Take a newspaper and make rolls from it, you will need to make a lot of rolls. Once the rolls are ready paint them with black colour and let them dry.
- Form a structure with the rolls as shown in the video and stick them together and allow them to dry.
- Take a plastic cup and paint it with the colour of your choice and repeat this with many more cups (at least 15) and allow them to dry.
- Now decorate the cup with white polka dots or you can do glitter dots
- Now make holes on the top of the cups such that you can pass the yarn through it.
- Pass the yarn through the cups as shown in the video; also you can beads at the bottom of the yarn.
- Once all the cups are ready with the yarn hanging, start tying them at different lengths so that it gives a more defined look to the hanging.
- Create a loop at the top to hang the entire piece. You can also add bells to it, if you like the tinkling of the bells
6- DIY Bangle wall hanging
1- Old bangles and white paper plate or cardboard
2- Colourful yarn or ready pom pom
3- Scissor and glue and paper tape
4- Mirror beads and crystals and satin ribbon/ string
- Take a white paper plate and cut out circles from it with the help of bangles.
- Once all the circles are ready, take the bangle and stick it on the paper plate.
- Decorate the plate with mirrors and other crystals according to your choice or you can refer video for help.
- Repeat this with at least 6-7 bangles depending upon the length you want.
- Now take ready pom poms and stick them on the backside of the plate and secure with a paper tape.
- Once all the plates are ready ,flip them backwards and stick the yarn or string or satin ribbon creating loops on both ends for hanging, and your bangle wall hanging is ready.
7-Newspaper wall hanging
- Newspaper and glue
- Scissors and acrylic paints
- Glue gun and mirror beads and long needle
- Firstly you will need to make newspaper rolls by rolling the newspaper with long needle and sticking it
- Once the newspaper rolls are ready take the long needle and roll the newspaper roll in circular direction as shown in the video to make a coil.
- Repeat this process with at least 12 rolls, such that you have 12 coils in the end.
- Now take colour of your choice and start painting them. Similarly you will need one bigger coil for the center of the hanging and 13 smaller coils.
- Now with other newspaper rolls you will make a star shaped base to stick the other coils on it.
- Stick the smaller coils on the rolls keeping in mind the colour combination and decorate them with mirror beads in the end. You can use other decorative also if needed.
- Finally your newspaper wall hanging is ready.
8-Straw heart wall hanging
- Cardboard and scissors
- Paper straw and glue
- Draw a heart shape on a cardboard and cut it
- Now paste a straw in the center of the heart with glue.
- Take another straw and cut out the edges to fit it on the cardboard properly in the shape of heart.
- Ensure that no extra straw is out of the cardboard. Keep repeating the process till the cardboard is entirely covered with straws.
- Finally your easy to go heart shape wall hanging is ready.
These were some really cheap and easy wall hangings from recycled products which are now going to be a part of your home decor in altogether new form. I hope you like them and enjoy this activity. Happy crafting.
- 17 Quick Tutorials of Sewing Skirts For Girls
- DIY : Learn to Make Necklace
- DIY : Learn to Make Plush (Soft Toy)
- DIY : Geometric Cut Out Tee
- Beautiful Paper roll Wall Hanging