Clay is among the most loved craft activity among kids. It is always easy to mould clay, and even easier to mould the imagination of the kids. Clay activities enhance the imaginary skills of the children and also allow them to bring their imagination to reality. So, we will learn few easy to make clay flowers in the following videos.
Polymer clay Rose
- Red polymer clay
- Clay flattener knife
- Take a 1 ½” ball of red polymer clay and roll the clay into a 3” log.
- Cut the log into half, and now cut each piece into half again.
- And again cut each piece in half, such that you have 8 equal pieces of clay
- Roll clay into a ball and now flatten each ball into 1/8” thick.
- Roll one end of the petal to make a rose bud, pinch one end close.
- Place another rose petal on half of the previous petal and wrap it around and keep on adding remaining petals and slightly pinch rose petal edges to create a more natural look
You can also make leaf with green clay using the same technique as shown in the video to make it look more natural.
Easy Sakura Flowers
- Clay of your choice
- Cutter and flattener
- Glitter and paint brush
- Take the clay and make a snake and cut 5 equal sections from it.
- Roll each section into tiny balls and then flatten them as shown in the video.
- Make a tear drop shape of all the petals, now take a sharp needle tool and add some texture to the flower in an outward direction.
- Take a cookie cutter to cut the upper area of the flower petal.
- Add some colour to the center of the flower with the help of the paint brush to get a more natural look.
- And Roll very thin part of the clay and cut it slightly press on the petals and later add some micro glitter to it. And your clay flower is ready.
DIY Ring flower from clay
- Clay of purple, green, white and yellow colour
- Toothpicks and round cutter
- Blade and rolling pin
- Take a strip of green colour clay and wrap it around a ring of your size and bake it at 110 degree for 30 minutes
- Flatten a log of purple clay and with the help of petal cutter, cut a few petals.
- Add some texture to them with the help of blade by drawing lighter lines.
- Now start sticking them to the baked green ring, and properly press them so they don’t fallout
- Now take a small ball of white clay and stick it in the center of the petals.
- Now make extremely minute balls of yellow clay and stick it on the white clay ball as shown in the video.
- Bake the entire thing again, such that petals become stiff and the ring is finally ready to be worn.
Polymer clay tulips
- Colourful clays
- Clay flattener and toothpick
- Take a log of green clay and prepare a thin cylindrical stick out of it, as it is going to act like the stem of the tulips
- Roll another log of clay onto a flat surface and cut out leaf shapes from it.
- Attach the leaf and stem together with the help of toothpick and bake them for 20 minutes
- Now take white clay and purple clay and flatten them into two broad strips and now connect them such that they form a mixture of two shades.
- Once the combination of the two colours is formed take an x acto knife and cut six petals from it.
- Create cylindrical shape from extra purple clay and attach the stem to it and now wrap the petals around it as shown in the video and bake the entire thing for 20 minutes.
- And your colourful tulips are ready for decoration.
Easy play doh flowers for kids
- Clay of colours purple, yellow and green.
- Clay flattening knife
- Take small chunks of green clay and roll them into three big balls and one small ball
- Now flatten the small ball into a circle and the remaining three balls into leaves, and add slight texture to the leaves with the help of knife.
- Place the three leaves upon the flattened circle and now take a chunk of yellow clay and form a small ball which will act as the center of the flower.
- Place the yellow ball in the center and now take the purple clay and make similar size balls of it as made from the yellow clay.
- You will need to make at least 6 balls from purple clay and arrange them around the yellow ball.
- And your simplest flower is ready, you can tell your kids to choose the clay colours they love.
Sunflower from clay doh
- Yellow and green clay
- Clay flattening knife.
- Take a chunk of green clay and mould it into a thick circle to make the center of the sunflower as shown in the video.
- Now take smaller chunks of yellow clay and make a snake like structure from it of your little finger length.
- You will need to make at least 10-15 such snakes depending on the number of petals you want for your sunflower.
- Now insert a toothpick in all the yellow petals and finally pierce them into the green clay as shown in the video.
- Once all the petals are attached in the center, slightly press the petals with the help of your fingers, and tweak the edges.
- Now with help of knife add texture to the petals and make small holes in the green area of the flower to give a natural effect to the flower.
- An amazing sunflower is ready to place it on the flat board and u can also frame it after baking the clay.
- Light weight air dry clay or polymer clay.
- Wire and clay flattener and scissor.
- Take little black clay and roll it in a thick snake like form but a bit round on the top.
- Add a coin sized green clay to the top of it, and slice of 8 equal parts as shown in the video, and pinch out the edges to form curves. This will act like the bud of the flower.
- Take some black clay and form a snake from it, and cut it into small parts and flatten the ball and cut of strips from it, and stick it around the bud.
- Now take the red clay and make 4 balls out of it to make petals.
- Flatten the balls and give proper shape and finally attach it to the bud.
- Finally bake the entire flower to maintain its shape.
DIY Hydrangeas flower
- White, red and blue clay
- Clay knife and flattener
- Scissors and stick and toothpicks.
- Take small proportions of red and blue clay along with white clay and mix them to form a purple colour.
- Make a tear drop out of clay ball and cut it into four equal parts.
- Pinch the base to open up the cut section.
- With a knife or toothpick flatten the clay to make a petal.
- Make a hole in the center and take some clay from the base and make a small round for the center.
- Twist the petals and remove extra clay from the bottom
- Repeat this process a few times depending on the number of flowers you want in your vase.
- Attach a stick in the base and secure it with tape. And your hydrangeas are ready
- You can place them in a vase and use two different shades to bring a more defined look to the vase.
So, guys these were a few quick clay flower tutorials for your kids and also for home decor. I hope you like them. Please share your views and experiences in the comment section below. Happy crafting 🙂