Plastic bottles constitute a major portion of waste products in the world. Isn’t it a good idea, if we can use these plastic bottle for decoration at this Diwali? Let’s have a eco-friendly Diwali and make some empty plastic bottles into something awesome piece to decorate our homes.
Things You May Need
- Plastic bottles or soda bottle
- Knife and scissors
- Oil paint or fabric colour
- Paint brush
- Hot glue
- Satin Ribbons
- Pearls and diamonds
- Cut the bottle top with the help of knife and scissor.
- Use the upper part of the bottle for our project.
- Color the bottle top as per your choice , here we used oil paint for better look, You can used acrylic color also. Before applying color, please spread plastic foil on your working table.
- Always do two coat of color for rich look. Let it dry now.
Now its time to decorate the candle holder .
- First take a piece of ribbon and cover the mouth of the bottle.
- Use beads to decorate the ribbon. You can stick them with the help of glue. Keep it for a while so that it can stick properly to the ribbon
- Take a satin ribbon and make a bow with it.
- Put the bow in the upper part of the candle holder to give it a nice look.
- Now put one small diamond in the middle on the note of the bow . I used decorative flowers for making more attractive the candle holder.
- Use glitter in the middle of the flower to decorate it.
- You can also stick some more flowers to the other sides to decorate the empty space on the bottle.
- Make 3D golden outlines for leaves of the flower . You can use flat beads also to make it more attractive.
Your candle holder is now ready. Put the candle in the hole of the top and have some golden light in your home!
You may also like our video tutorial for quilling candle holder
Keep creating with K4craft!