You can use a small leather scrap to make this cute and simple drawstring purse!
- 1/2 yd of Soft Leather,
- 2 Purse Strap Hooks,
- Awl/Strong Hole Punch
- Sewing Machine
- Trail a circle on the scrap of leather. I used an 11.5″ circle and ended up with a 6″ pouch approximately. It depends on what size you want you pouch to be.
- Cut the circle out.
- If you wish to decorate your pouch, use a sharpie to design a pattern. I drew a polka dot pattern of hearts.
- Punch 12 holes with equal space around your circle. You can use an awl or or a nice hole punch.
- Thread your ribbon through the 12 holes, with 2 ends in the front.
- Pull both ends of the ribbon to draw up your circle in order to make a bag, and then tie a bow.
- Cut a 1″ x 9″ strip from your leather scraps for your strap.
- Fold the edge of one end of the strap through the purse clip, and stitch down the end as demonstrated in the picture.
All done! How did yours turn out?
Try out other string bag ideas!
Thanks for visiting our website. Keep creating with K4craft!