It’s the most wonderful time of the year … to go all out on decorations. You can save money with homemade Christmas gifts and appetizers you make yourself, however your Christmas decorations don’t need to use up every last cent either. Utilize these homemade ideas for holiday decorating to no cost.
27 Christmas Decorations You Can Make Yourself
1. DIY Christmas Craft Advent Calendar (via: beermonthclub)
2. Solar Lights
Don’t worry about tangled extension cords (or the electricity bill) by unraveling a strand of sun-powered lights instead. After charging all day, they’ll automatically light up once darkness falls.
3. Plant With Santa (via: jenniferrizzo)
4. Yarn-Wrapped Pinecones (via: cfabbridesigns.com)
5. Fake a Fire
Warm up an out-of-use fireplace with a pile of birch logs and a few sprigs of greens.
6. Restaurant-Style Menu Board (via: hgtv)
7. Christmas decoration: Light the driveway
Line a driveway, mantle, staircase, or the middle of your dining room table with homemade luminarias for a warm.
8. Christmas Craft Your Own “Tree”
Use yarn to style a mini version on an empty wall or in a hallway. Enlist the kids to dress it to the nines with paper-circle “ornaments” and felt, attached with tape.
9. Whip Up a Centerpiece (via: goodhousekeeping)
10. Craft Playful Button + Yarn Trees (via: hgtv)
Get a cone shape and starting from the point, start gluing down and winding round some yarn – it doesn’t have to be green, it could even be red or white – and then set the cone upside down to dry. Once the glue has set, finish off your Christmas tree by gluing on some round buttons and gluing a pompom to the point of the tree as a star.
11. Mason Jar Lights (via: housebeautiful)
12. Try two wreaths – Christmas decoration
Repeat design elements—like this duo of hanging evergreen boughs—for a look that’s sophisticated and classic.
13. Kent Cotton Quilt: Remake the Bed
Getting out of bed on winter mornings just got even harder thanks to this cozy quilt. Don’t forget the matching shams!
14. Add Some Twinkle
A non-working fireplace doesn’t seem so bad when you can fill it with these fairy-like terrariums.
15. Sit in Santa chairs (via: makeit-loveit)
16. Paint a snowman ornament (via: crazylittleprojects)
17. Turn a Toy Into Holiday Decor (via: hgtv)
If you’re feeling crafty, find some animal figurines and dip them in glue, followed by a little glitter, for some incredible holiday decorations.
18. Flank the Front Door
Guests won’t miss your holiday doormat when it’s illuminated by two mini trees. This duo includes plenty of berries and pinecones for added cheer.
19. Use Garlands Everywhere
Hang greens with Command hooks to lend cheer to a stairway, mantel or door frame.
20. Make mini trees
Plain dry branches from your yard—whether from green firs or bare deciduous trees—make excellent decorations when you spray with silver or gold paint. Plus, add ornaments to the branches for an instant Christmas tree.
21. Front Porch Christmas Tree (via: hgtv)
22. ‘Reader’s Digest’ Christmas trees (via: rd)
23. Circle of Snow (via: rmhouseofnoise)
Hang this easy DIY wreath with a thick, bold ribbon. If you have a light colored door, use a dark hue for a lovely contrast.
24. Turn pillows into presents
Tie a bow around your throw pillows with holiday-colored ribbons, and they’ll look just like Christmas gifts! Add a rhinestone pin for an extra decorating kick.
25. Invite a Snowman to Dinner (via: hgtv)
26. Glam up your glasses
For a fast, sweet decoration, put out bowls of holiday candy in pretty, stemmed glassware.
27. Spray paint artificial trees with white paint
Hope you like these Low-Cost Christmas Decorations!
Which one you like most? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. And be sure to follow on Pinterest for more ideas!
Thank you for visiting our website. Keep Creating with K4Craft!