Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you must be waiting to express your love to that special someone. Celebrate valentine’s day this year with these DIY craft decorations ideas to brighten up your home or gathering area. And give a cute handmade gift of love on this valentine’s day and show your love with something extra special and romantic.
From handmade paper cards to home decorations, Valentine’s Day brings all kinds of diy crafting opportunities. Here we showcase some of our Valentine’s Day Crafts Contest entries that kids can make for their classmates, teachers, grandparents, siblings, and any other special people in their lives. So spread some love this Valentine’s Day with our craft ideas that are great for both kids and adults.
Why is Valentine’s Day Celebrated?
Celebrated this day in the honor of the great Saint Valentine. At that time, the king of Rome had forbid his soldiers from the “right to love” and “right to marriage”. It was Saint Valentine who revolted against the restraint. Slowly and steadily his message of love and hope spread far and war, and the world started celebrating Valentine’s Day as “the day of love”, on 14th of February every year.
100+ Romantic Valentine’s Day Handmade Craft Ideas
On this special love day, young and old lovers (lovebirds) gear up to convey their undying love for each other and nothing can beat the power of heart melting gifts. Sometimes its difficult to choosing a perfect V-Day gift that is as special as your relationship.
So give them a unique handmade crafted gift to show just how much you love and care. For the best Valentine’s Day gifts, celebrate with a handmade gift that holds significance for you and your sweetheart. We gathered up 100+ Latest Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas to share with you today & you are going to love these! Everything from DIY, quilling art projects, paper crafts, kids crafts, recycled crafts, home decor, & keepsakes…we got you covered!
Easy Handmade Card For Valentine’s Day
Material: • Paper Sheet (Black, Red) • Fevicol • Scissor • Gift Wrapping Flower
Valentine’s day gift door hanger
Ribbon ( purple,golden)
Red velvet cloth
Golden glitter glue
Cut two heart shaped frame from cardboard ,one small and other big in size. And another heart shape with a size to fit inside the small heart shape frame.
Wrap the two frames with golden colour ribbon.
Make 5 flowers from purple colour ribbon.
Paste the the velvet cloth to remaining heart shape cardboard and fix it into the small frame.
Using golden colour glitter glue write the quote need.
I wrote “sweet home” to express my feel about home with my Valentine.
Let the letters to dry.
After that using a thread hang the small heart shape into the big one.
Fix the flowers on the two sides of the big frame.
Attach a loop to the big frame for hanging.
Now its ready to express love to Valentine.
Paper Craft: Valentine’s Day I love You Card
DIY Hear Exploding Box
Materials used: Pastel sheets, ribbon, printed sheets, glitter sheets. Procedure: Take sheets of 39×39 cm, 36×36 cm and 33×33 cm. Now divide the sheets into 9 parts. Cut the heart shape on the corners of sheet. Now draw elements of your choice. I have drawn spiral flower, heart lock, waterfall card, book card, squash card, I love you card etc.
Heart shape quilling box
1. Thin cardboard
6. quilling tool
7. quilling strips (red, maroon, white, peach, pink color) 5mm and 3 mm strips
8. craft paper (pink and red color)
9. crystal embellishments
1. First draw a heart shape (10 cms X 10 cms) shape with the help of a scale and pencil, and cut two pieces of it and same procedure for pink and red craft paper also draw and cut as mentioned above.
2. After cutting the two cardboard of heart shape paste the craft sheet in pink and red on the cardboard with help of glue and give finishing touch.
3. Now with the help of a quilling tool and pink color quilling strip of 5 mm make around 64 tight coils as shown in the picture and paste those tight coils the edges of the heart shape cardboard on both sides base and for the lid.
4. After making the base cut red color craft paper in rectangular (size according to the shape of heart to cover) shape to make a box kind of thing and paste it inside the base on the cardboard to give it a shape of a box.
4. With the help of quilling tool and (pink, white,peach) color quilling strips make 35 tight coils (mix in color ) as per your combination and arrangement and paste these on the rectangular shape of the box.
5. Again make tear drop shape with help of quilling tool and quilling strip (maroon and red color) around 52 in number and paste these on the sides part of the box.
6. After this to decorate the lid flower will be made with the help of a glue bottle lid. Make spirals designs and ring shape around 10 in number, as shown in the picture.
7. Now to decorate the edges of the lid paste crystal embellishments to give it a finishing touch
heart shape quilling box is ready for gifting.
1. Take one drawing sheet make two rectangle whole on it.
2. Take rectangle whole sheet and another drawing sheets, stick them from both the sides by the tixo transparent tape,make the pocket like.
3. Now color the drawing sheet attached and made some designs with paint.
4. Now make half heart shapes from piece of cardboard, colour it and a girl holding heart shape from piece of cardboard and colour it, stick the half heart on end of the first rectangle box and stick the girl on the second rectangle box end.
5. Now take one drawing sheet which will move inside the pocket made by two drawing sheets, here you will stick the another half part of heart at the slider moving card at the first rectangle box at the starting end to make some height stick small piece of cardboard on the slider sheet ,on that place another half part of heart, at the second rectangle box starting end on the slider sheet stick the piece of cardboard to make height on that stick the boy holding heart (draw picture on cardboard cut and painted).
6. Now your slider card ready to move inside and out side, when it moves inside in first rectangle box heart half half shape art at the ends of rectangle box, like wise in second rectangle box boy holding flower and girl holding heart are at the ends.when drag the slider half heart parts will get completed at the first rectangle box end,like wise boy and girl pictures are close each other at the end of rectangle box.
7. when slider is inside, that is the heart parts are apart and boy girl pictures apart, in that middle place paint some designs,when slider drag outside then heart part complete at first rectangle box end and boy, girls closer at second box, now in the back side of the slider write Happy Valentine’s day into both boxes.
8. When slider drag outside, on the slider card there also paint some designs.
9. Now your Valentine’s day slider card is ready to gift your Valentine.
Take A4 Size pink colour sheet and fold it into half part. Then stick black colour sheet into pint paper. Then cut heart shapes of red colour and stick it on black paper. Now, stick the red colour heart shapes on pink velour paper also. Now you’re ready with your Valentine special greeting card.
Lip Shaped Makeup Kit
Valentine’s Day Special Jewellery
Valentine’s Day Tree Gift Box
DIY Recycled Craft Gift Idea
Easy Origami Paper Rose Flower
DIY Pencil holder with straws
Newspaper wall hanging
Valentine Special Balloons Decoration
Expression of Love | Sculpture
Material: Alginate and Plaster of paris.
Procedure: First take a container with water mix Alginate mixture keep our hands what we want desired shape. And wait mixture turns into white. After, in another container take PLASTER OF PARIS and mix with water, Then pour these mixture into Alginate molding and rest for at least 40 mins. Now we remove the Alginate mold to get the Shape.
Painting “12×16” Watercolor on canvas
Love Exploding Box
Materials used: Pastel sheets, ribbon, pen, printed sheets, glitter sheets. Procedure: Take sheets of 39×39 cm, 36×36 cm and 33×33 cm. Now divide the sheets into 9 parts. Cut the heart shape on the corners of sheet. Now draw elements of your choice. I have drawn spiral flower, heart lock, waterfall card, book card, squash card, I love you card etc.
Valentine Ribbon Rose Flowers
Expression of Love Basket
Exploding Box with Teddy Bear
Materials used: Pastel sheets, ribbon, teddy bear, printed sheets, glitter sheets. Procedure: Take sheets of 39×39 cm, 36×36 cm and 33×33 cm. Now divide the sheets into 9 parts. Cut the heart shape on the corners of sheet. Now draw elements of your choice. I have drawn spiral flower, heart lock, waterfall card, book card, squash card, I love you card etc.
Valentine’s Day Quilling Doll Gift Box
1.Empty mobile box which is like Matchbox.
7.Different coloured glitter foam sheets
1. Take a empty mobile box, (without without its wrapping) colour it with the black and make some yellow colour heart shape and dots on it.
2. Take the wrapping of the box, in front side of the wrapping box make the rectangle shaped hole and stick with plastic sheet inside the rectangle hole.
3. The wrapping of the box is also coloured with black and make some yellow colour heart shape and dots on it.
4. Now with the help of quilling strips make some flowers,birds and a small doll and stick all these inside the box as in pic.
5. Cut some heart shapes from different coloured glitter foam sheets,stick them inside the box.
6. Now close the wrapping of the box.
7. Now your beautiful Valentine’s day gift box is ready to gift your Valentine.
1. Take one drawing sheet of required size,and fold it into half.
2. For front side stick the thick card bored pieces in a rectangle shape’s border.
3. Now pour some different coloured glitter power into the rectangle shape.
4. Cut some different coloured and different sized heart shapes, place all these heart shapes inside the rectangle border.
5. Now stick plastic sheet on the rectangle border, and make one rectangle card bored border stick this on that plastic sheet.
6. Colour the rectangle border placed on plastic sheet,now you shake the card the glitter powder and different size and coloured heart shape are moving as you or shake the card. So this is shaker Valentine’s day greeting card.
7. Inside the card stick the red coloured papers on the two sides of greeting, and cut some heart shapes in different coloured and different sized and place them according to there size, make two like this and stick to left bottom
corner of the red paper sticked.
8. Same heart shaped design sticked to the another top right corner of red sheet sticked.
9. Now write some Valentine’s day quotes on the red pages.
10. Now your shaker card is fully ready to gift your Valentine.
Valentine slider greeting card
1. Three same sized thick papers or drawing sheets.
2. Transparent tixo tape
5. Another drawing sheet slightly smaller than above mentioned three.
6. Plastic sheet
1. Take 3 same sized sheets and attach all the 3 sheets with the transparent tixo tape,and make the outer paper one rectangular whole,look like a frame.
2. Fold the 3 sheets in such a way that the frame whole come in front as shown in pic.
3. The paper where the frame made ,back side of the framed paper stick the plastic sheet.
4. Now make painting on frame, and attach to the back side paper.all the three papers or sheets folded in such way that from that two pockets are made.
5. Take another sheet slightly smaller than 3 sheets, draw the doll having heart in its hand and written as “Happy Valentine’s day”, colour the picture.
6. For this drawing sheet stick the plastic sheet and draw the out line placing on the doll picture.
7. Now the out line sheet come on to the frame and the coloured doll part inserted into the back pocket of the frame.
8. Now make small handle by using small card bored for dragging the picture outward and inward stick the cardboard handle to the slider sheet, and for make grip while dragging another cardboard small piece is sticker to the 3 sheets pockets it opposite to the slider card as shown in pic.
9. Now your slider card is ready to drag in and out so that you will see the magic when leader is inside the outline picture is shown as you drag the picture the out line picture get coloured.
10. Finally the slider greeting card is ready to gift your Valentine.
Homemade Makeup Kit
Valentine’s day love gift box
1. Empty transperant box
3. Quilling strips
4. Quilling tool
5. Kundan stones
6. Small cardboard pieces.
7. Paints and Brushes
1. Take one empty transparent box.
2. Make a small piece of cardboard stick at the box wall.
3. Make some quilling boy and girl dolls and hearts,and stick them into the box.
4. Stick some coloured kundan stones inside the box.
5. Paint the lid of the box with blue colour and stick white kundan stone on it.
6. With the help of zero brush make eyes lips for both girl and boy quilling dolls.
7. Now your Valentine’s day gift box is ready to gift to your Valentine.
Beautiful Paper Rose Flower
Valentine’s day gift bag with beautiful item
1. Any paper bag
2. Colour craft papers
4. Drinking water bottle upper part
6. Different coloured glitter foam sheets
7. 3D out liner
8. Small size coconut oil empty bottle bottom part.
9. Quilling strips and quilling tool.
10. Small sized coconut bottle upper part
11. Cardboard pieces
12. Small drinking water middle part of bottle
13. Any squre cardboard box
14. Paints and brushes
15. Kisan jam empty small box
16. Iron tablet cardboard box
17. Cardboard piece
1. (A) Any ready cardboard box,on which stick heart shape of red coloured craft and other decorations as shown in pic.
2. (B) Take any drinking water bottle upper part and make some 3D out liner dots on the wall of bottle,and stick two quilling dolls and other colored heart shapes on the round cardboard sheet coloured blue,and stick bottle upper part on card board and stick round shape of glitter foam sheet on the upper whole of bottle.
3. (C) Small coconut bottle bottom part ,where make 3d out liner dots on the wall of bottle and place quilled doll at middle and make eyes and lips and round cut glitter foam sheet to close over bottle whole.
4. (D) Place 3D Triangle on the round cardboard ,and attach three different coloured glitter foam sheets cut into heart shape and stick them on the 3d triangle,now stick the empty coconut upper part on the orange coloured round cardboard and on top stick the orange coloured round cardboard on the neck of bottle.
5. (E) Take middle part of empty drinking water bottle and according to it’s size take cardboard piece,on that stick glitter foam sheet red coloured flower ,and stick quilled butterfly and close both the sides by half circle cardboard pieces.
6. (F) Take small kisan empty box colour it and stick small glitter small pieces on it and stick heart shape of glitter foam sheet on the lid,into the box stick zigzag card board on top of it stick quilled butterfly and stick heart shape of glitter foam sheet into the box,it is like springing up butterfly when box lid opened.
7. (G) Take empty square cardboard box, colour it with black stick small pieces of glitter foam sheet and stick heart shape inside of the lid of the box and place butterfly into the box.
8. (H) Take iron tablet empty box, colour it black and stick different coloured glitter foam sheet pieces over it,and a card on which the Valentine’s day quotes are written and stick heart and different coloured glitter foam sheet pieces and back side of the craft also coloured black and stick small pieces of glitter foam sheet.
9. (I) Cut a cardboard in a heart shape,write Happy Valentine’s day on it,and lastly write Thank you.
10. Now the beautiful Valentine’s day gift bag ready with full of beautiful things and ready to gift your Valentine.
DIY Recycled Craft love statue
Valentine Special Heart
For preparing this, I used woolen thread, glass beads, black & read chart paper, glue, scissors, glitter.