Making the best out of waste has been a part of human life since the early ages. This habit of getting the best out of waste should be instilled in kids from an early age, not only to teach them about recycling but also to encourage their creativity. In today’s world recycling has a very important place. Starting with recycled craft ideas is the best way to introduce how to make the best out of unwanted stuff to your kids. There are numerous activities which you can do together using waste materials and other craft materials like colored papers, scissors and sticking glue. Recycled Craft ideas for Kids from waste materials include fun, educational activities as well as the chance to make your own homemade gifts. Here I had shared some crafts using waste materials. Make use out of it and enjoy.
01. PLASTIC PENCIL HOLDER – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Marker, tape
- color paper
- waste bottle
- First remove the cap of the bottle and cut the top half of the bottle and keep it aside.
- Then to make the color paper.
- Gently lay down the bottom half of the bottle and mark at the top. Draw a straight line.
- If it needs to be unique, then you can decorate it as shown in video. It’s up to you.
- Now wrap the bottle with the paper and finish it off with glue.
02. BEE – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Color paper
- Scroll the paper and finish it off with the glue to make it stiffer.
- Then measure it with the tape and cut about 3 to 4 papers with the same measurement.
- Then paste the paper at the top, centre and bottom of the wrapped paper.
- Then take a new sheet and cut the wings like that of butterfly wings and also done it with its stings using the different color paper as shown in video.
- Now arrange it and paste it. Now the bee is ready to fly.
03. PEN STAND – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Glue gun
- Printed ribbon,
- Plastic Disposal cup,
- paper rope
- Ribbon twine
- Now paste some glue on the cup layer by layer and round the cup with the rope. Cover the whole cup with the rope.
- Next cut the printed ribbon as shown in video to make various designs and paste over it.
- Now the pen stand is ready to handle the pens.
04. CUTE ANIMALS – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Match stick
- Ice cream stick
- Paper, thread
- SHEEP: Scroll the waste news paper and paste with the cotton around the paper. Use match stick for its legs.
- LION: Take a chart and scroll some color papers and paste it over the chart. Then draw a lion face and keep it in the centre. Use ice cream sticks for its legs.
- CROCODILE: Take the clip and some color papers. Now fold the paper step by step and unfold it. Then use those papers over the body and for legs as well for hands.
- POLAR BEAR: Take the cotton cover and use it as bear’s body. Scroll some cotton for its head and make its legs, hands and ears with small pieces of paper as shown in video. Then cover the body sing thread.
- CHEEKY MONKEY: Take some colorful cotton and some straw. Then bend the straw as shown and use it for hands and legs. Make the colorful cotton round shape and use it for face.
05. ROCK PAINTING – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Waste rocks
- It is one of the easy craft made with waste rocks. First take some rocks which can be any irregular shape.
- Now take the rocks and paint yellow on one half and blue on another half.
- So that it seems to be like minions or any other cartoon image.
06. ICE CREAM STICK STANDS – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Ice cream stick
- Take a paper and apply some glue on the corner of the sheet. Now paste the ice cream stick horizontally. Roll the paper and keep it aside.
- Then take the ice cream sticks. Arrange it in a square shape and keep it one by one as shown in video.
- Then take a new paper and apply the crease on it. Now paste the sticks back and forth of the paper.
- Make the paper spread over the table and keep the rolled paper as pen stand (1st step).
- Finally keep the 2nd step craft as mobile stand.
07. MATCH STICK DINNING TABLE – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Match stick
- Match box
- Take a paper and apply some crease and paste some match sticks as shown in video and keep it aside. The match sticks should be arranged in alternative ways.
- In the same way arrange the match stick as a 30cm ruler. Now cut it in to small square pieces as shown in video.
- Now to make chair, Keep the cut pieces on match box and arrange match stick for its legs and again keep the match box and keep the match stick for other side legs.
- Now take the paper you done previously (step 1) and cut it in table shape. The shape can be square or oval. It’s up to you. Also use match box and paste its legs.
- Now the match stick dining table is ready.
08. COCONUT SHELL DRUMS – RECYCLED CRAFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- 2 coconut shells
- Paint, 2 Bangles
- Cloth (green and red color) or your choice of color
- Preparation of coconut shell: Take the coconut shell and paint it with any color you like. Then take the paper and cut it in to small pieces .Just paste the paper strips similarly like drum.
- Then take a paper and cut it in a circle shape and keep it over the top of the coconut shell.
- Next take a bangle and wrap it with green color cloth and again cover it with red color cloth.
- You can choose any color of cloth. But prefer red color, because it looks great. Now cover the bangles with the clothes.
- Now finally place the coconut shell over the bangles covered with clothes.
IMPORTANCE OF THIS ACTIVITY
As children grow up, they have a wide variety of technology to play around with like laptops, games consoles, tablets and mobile phones, meaning sometimes they can miss out on the importance of spending time creating their own crafts.
Therefore, it becomes highly important to incorporate arts and crafts in to their life at very young age. This way it will be easier for children to maintain their interest in making crafts for years to come and help save the environment at the same time by encouraging them to create art from waste materials.
You’ll also like
Easy Craft Ideas for Kids Using Paper Plates
- RECYCLED: How to make artificial jewelries using shopping bags (Tutorial)
- RECYCLED: Home decor wall hanging using Newspaper
- RECYCLED: Flowers using plastic shopping bag (Tutorial)
- How to Make Cardboard Pencil Holder (Tutorial)
- DIY : Learn To Make Unique Matchbox Secret Notebook